Thursday 28 February 2013

Plague Hulk Underway

Where oh where are the new Greater Daemons? I've been told the old ones feature in the new books so what does that mean other than a potential long wait for the new models to arrive? Boo GW, BOO!



So for now my Plague Hulk will have to be my Nurgle army centrepiece. I suppose that as far as replacements go, this is a beauty. Albeit a very, very dirty beauty. Here you can see that I've base coated and begun using the shades/washes to build up colour. I'm going to use the fabulous new Fuegan Orange right across all my Nurgleites, bringing a solid theme to the rusty bits without resorting to tubs of dust (weathering powder), which really isn't my scene. As you can see, my daughter is starting to take an interest in Daddy's toys...

6 comments:

  1. With so many killer models in the GW range and even third parties I personally see no need for new Greater Daemon Models. Find a unique cool alternative and convert/kitbash the crap out of it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I guess so. It's just we've been hearing about these supposedly amazing new sculpts for a while.

      Delete
  2. God this is a great model isnt't it? Utterly disgusting but strangely beautiful....hmmmmm, that sounds a little wrong.

    As far as greater demons go, the old ones are quite lacking I think. The forge world ones on the other hand, now they are suitable centre pieces, if a little expensive. The greater demon of nurgle especially!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted the new one to come out so I could include it in my Armies on Parade entry. Will have to buy some extra plague drones instead perhaps...

      Delete
  3. some patience and there will be new GUO.. at last we can hope so..

    plague hulk looks good

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm particularly pleased with the crab-like pose I managed to give it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...