Monday 1 October 2012

Of Beastmen And Gardening Leave

Today I received the wonderful 'real world' news that I've landed a new job. As I'm virtually at the end of my current fixed contract I can now indulge in some 'gardening leave' while I see out my notice. So it's time for a bit of a painting challenge.

My aim is to fully cultivate 2000 points of my beastmen menagerie during October. This won't cover everything that I've got - a handful of large monsters and characters will be held in reserve - but it will mean that I'll finally have a completed, fully painted, playable force.

Here's the list I'm going to work with:


Lords
Beastlord with additional weapon, heavy armour, on tuskgor chariot
Great Bray Shaman

Core
22 Gors inc. full command + additional weapons
5 Chaos warhounds
10 Centigors inc. Warhoof + full command

Special 
3 Minotaurs inc. Bloodkine + additional weapons
Razorgor
10 Harpies

Rare
Ghorgon 
Jabberslythe

Total
Just a shade under 2000 points

6 comments:

  1. For 2000 pts that army is tiny! Looks like cannon bait!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's one way to look at it! I'm an extremely casual gamer and more of a collector/painter hobbyist, so those things don't tend to bother me too much. Although the warhounds and scouting harpies should be quite useful for entangling enemy war machines

      Delete
    2. LOL so am I Davey but even for me this lists ona knife edge!

      Delete
    3. I wouldn't have it any other way - I'm an 'all in one basket' kinda guy :-)

      Delete
  2. Karak Angaz Union of Rude Mechanicals says, "Boom!"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Knowing your luck with the dice I have little to fear ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...