Wednesday 28 August 2013

The Army That Won't Parade - Re-Capturing The Slow Hobby Spirit


Sadly, Armies On Parade isn't going to happen for me this year. I found myself over the last week or so getting really anxious about having things at a certain stage and the amount of painting time I had left. 

I also realised that I was starting to paint in ways that I simply didn't want to: ultimately, I was losing my 'slow hobby' spirit and turning leisure into slog. Not a recipe for happiness.

So I returned all my Nurgle folks to their shelf and turned again to picking them off one or two at a time and experimenting away contently, while imagining that I'm a real artist. 

At least the tidying away led to more effectively presented shelves, so, dear reader, please take this humble photograph as a small prelude to my annual 'climbing sprue mountain' posts...

2 comments:

  1. I think anyone who both paints and games regularly can relate to this. The same pendulum swings for me as well. It is important not to let funtime turn into worktime, and the balance is kinda tough to maintain.
    I say congrats, and enjoy the fresh hobby approach for a bit!
    Either way, those shelves are packed with a menagerie of awesome stuff, painted or no.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for that, much appreciated. I honestly think that if it wasn't for the blogging community and our shared insanities I'd go truly nuts over these bizarre, self-inflicted tortures.

      Looking forward to dipping in and out again, easing back into pleasure mode, but with an eye on parading next year... perhaps.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...