Sunday 2 June 2013

The Ruins Of Davenheim (Courtesy Of Amera Plastic Mouldings)

As Davenheim has been the site of many battles, it should come as no surprise that there are ruins here and there. These two pieces come courtesy of Amera Plastic Mouldings and were astonishingly good value for money, particularly considering their size. On the left is the F209 ruined building and on the right is the F201 castle ruins - the watchtower is for size comparison.


These white polystyrene mouldings are pretty robust and take paint and other decorations very easily. The detail is rather slight as you might expect from the medium, but that seems to be easily overcome with a thorough paint job. I'm about 40% done with these at the moment and it's taken a couple of hours to get the basic shading and texture on there. Once these are done I'm going to put in an order for the river sections as I've always wanted a waterway on the tabletop.

5 comments:

  1. Looking good - I'm a big fan of Amera but haven't got those two pieces... yet - good to see them in the flesh.

    Their hills are very good too and the ruined temples are great for my Lustrian project.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought I'd take a punt and my expectations were low at the outset, but I'm genuinely impressed with these. Characterful and inexpensive - a rarity in war gaming!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for kind comments much appreciated and thanks or the post! Hope OK to share on our facebook page people enjoy seeing what can be done with our scenery https://www.facebook.com/pages/Amera-Plastic-Mouldings/339773496075836 Jane from www.amera.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Absolutely, very happy to help promote your excellent products. I'll drop a note on facebook when I've completed these so you can see the final results (and also share if you like).

      Delete
  3. That would be great! Will share this blog post tomorrow in the meantime thanks Jane

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...