Tuesday 18 June 2013

"Daddy, Can We Read The Eldar Book At Bedtime Instead Of The Hobbit?"

Parenting is the greatest job / pastime / endless commitment / cure for boredom in the world. And sometimes your kids can totally blindside you and make it even better. Not only is my four year old son totally engrossed in The Hobbit at the moment (we've just read the barrels escape bit) he also likes to mix up his bedtime reading with the odd codex or army book. Today it was the new Eldar codex. I think I might've spawned the perfect hobbyist. 


6 comments:

  1. Good to see you're reading Tokein to your boy. I was wondering what age to start reading The Hobbit to the kids. So your son is OK with it at four? Is he getting it, or is he just happy that Dad's reading to him? Mine's just turned four, maybe I'll give it a go too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know I really think he does get it, even if it's obviously at his level. He asks a lot of questions while we read and there are a fair few digressions to explain what things are. But if you're into doing all the voices (he made me do the eagles with American accents!) and can scan quickly to drop some of the more superfluous passages, it's a blast. We also talk through the whole narrative so far while out walking, that helps.

      Delete
  2. When can I introduce him to LARP ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You only want to do that so you can get him to join the Sealed Knot with you ;-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...