I made some progress on the giant last night, but there's still plenty to do. Mostly I worked on experimenting with highlights and adding further details and tones to the skin.
The skin is coming together really well - exactly what I was hoping for - 'arty organic grime' I think it could be called.
Working with the Marienburg colours has presented the challenge of an expanded palette. Add to this the fact that I included green and purple in the mix and I've got more colours to experiment with then is really helpful in a project like this. The yellow and red are progressing satisfactorily, but I'm not so sure about the blue at the moment... might have to do some additional thinking and research about this.