Wednesday 7 March 2012

High Adventure in a World of Magic... Well, Most of it...

I've been given an old and incomplete HeroQuest. The game isn't playable but there are a few of the models in there that haven't been given the slop-in-on paint job favoured by the previous owner (when he was 12). I'm not entirely sure what to do with them. Here are a few of the better ones: a couple of zombies, a chaos warrior, an evil wizard/necromancer type chap, and a couple of fimir. The fimir I suppose could be painted up and based for Storm of Magic games (I'd have to convert them though, that axe is awful), but on the whole I'm inclined to hang on to them all for my son to learn to paint with in a couple of years - he can play with them as they are in the meantime. Unless anyone has any better ideas...?


2 comments:

  1. An awful lot of HeroQuest figures probably suffered the same fate (i.e. horrible paint schemes from those just starting out). Many of mine got thick coats of Humbrol without even an undercoat (since, e.g., the goblins were already green, I left their skin as is and only painted the clothes/weapons!)

    I don't have particular suggestions as to what you should do with these, but some of them are nice models and OOP, so I think it would be a shame to give them to your son for practice. Let him start out on something cheap and disposable (Mantic? Wargames Factory?)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll be keeping those in the photo, but the goblins are awful so I really don't mind if he dabbles with those at some point - at least he'll have the benefit of an in-house painting tutor!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...