Friday 10 January 2014

Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter - Revell Easykit

When I started this blog my son was around two years old. A two year old can be delightful and tons of fun - my daughter is two and she's endlessly entertaining - but the toys of two year olds are, well, rather simplistic. Now that my son is four and a half he's started to get really cool toys for the first time - toys he'll actually play with and we can both enjoy together. So let's take a look at the first one:


This is Obi-Wan's Jedi Starfighter from the Revell Easykit range. These kits come pre-painted and the idea is that they just slot together without the need for glue. As T is a little too young to have the dexterity to put something like this together, I did it for him, and I must admit I glued a few of the major parts together - I suppose it's just habit!

Overall this is a neat little range and I imagine for older kids this is a great way to get them into the model building hobby. It's a short and satisfying project with a reasonable result - from this particular kit at least. The paint job is fine on the ship but the tiny pilot looks quite crap so I was tempted to leave him out. But hey, this isn't my toy!

I was also tempted to give the thing a spray and have a go at giving it a proper paint job. But again, this isn't my toy so I'll have to wait until I get one myself, or I can convince T to let me give it a shot. I was also thinking about how this might be converted into a very cheap alternative to Forge World's Chaos Hell Blade fighter. The scale though isn't quite right and it's not as if I need another crazy project to distract me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...