Sunday 13 November 2011

Completed Garden of Morr base plus extra custom terrain

The buildings from the Garden of Morr now have a finished base to sit on, which can also be used as a separate piece of terrain - I like the idea of doubling up and maximising usage. Using the same techniques of card, paper, wood filler and bits of junk I found scattered around the house, I've also taken the time to knock up some additional terrain pieces. First, two bases of ruins, and secondly a 'modular' barrow hill.

The buildings in place - finishing these is the next job

A small bit of added detail

Two bases of ruins - always useful terrain pieces

Some detail from the ruins

The 'modular' hill - I decided to make this in the style of a barrow, with
the suggestion of a ruined entrance at one end

The top section removed for ease of placing troops

A detail from the hillside - perhaps the doorway to an ancient barrow is
hidden beneath the ruins and foliage?  
I'm rather pleased to have got all this finished this weekend, especially as I spent most of my time painting something completely different...

My latest masterpiece in high-shine gloss ;-)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome - just about to start building mine and I will definitely be going this way rather than the cramped design recommended. I will be using it for skirmishing gaming and your setup is much better for getting figs in and around the buildings and using their full potential.

    cheers
    Paul of the Man Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's such a great kit, it should almost never be as it's shown on the box! Looking forward to seeing what you do with it.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...