Thursday 6 June 2013

Castle Building And Child-Like Joy

A Citadel Fortress that I'd bought from eBay has finally arrived, meaning the final construction phases for Davenheim Castle have begun. I'm overwhelmed with child-like joy as I work on this project. Castle building is one of those cultural tropes of children's play that gets deeply embedded in many of us. It's like making dens and forts, either for ourselves or our action figures. For me the smell of tall grass or the perfume of poly cement are the scents of adventure.





5 comments:

  1. Loving the Davenheim thing! Great castle, I might start off my own fantasy town when I move to a new project, I have half the bits in the old unloved corner of the shed already.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul. I highly recommend it as a project, it's so satisfying.

      Delete
  2. It looks ramshackle, characterful and plain awesomesauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's flippin brilliant! I'd love to have something like that gracing my shelf, good luck painting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers! If only I'd thought about which shelf it would go on before I started building it...

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...